Sexual Abuse Prevention Network
The Sexual Abuse Prevention Network (formerly known as Wellington Sexual Abuse Network - WSAN) is a collaboration of sexual abuse survivor agencies and an offender agency in the Wellington region. The group comprises of Wellington Rape Crisis, Wellington Sexual Abuse HELP Foundation and WellStop.
The Network was founded on a joint commitment to the prevention of sexual violence from a community development perspective, focusing specifically on education and preventative strategies for youth that promote healthy sexuality. Our primary objective is to coordinate and support effective primary prevention initiatives alongside complementary community groups, agencies, and networks on a local and national level.
The Sexual Abuse Prevention Network is a non-legal entity with Wellington Rape Crisis overseeing the Network's funding and financial management as lead agency.
Vision: Our communities free of sexual abuse and sexual violence
Mission: Providing effective prevention in our communities through programmes targeted at supporting social and behavioural change.
- Working from a gendered analysis of sexual violence prevention
- Support working collaboratively across a wide range of community services towards the prevention of sexual violence
- Working from a community development framework
- We have a commitment to uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- We are opposed to all forms of oppression and have a commitment to working respectfully, inclusively and safely with all communities.
1. Delivery of successful primary prevention education
2. Achievement of community attitudes and skills to prevent sexual violence
3. Expertise in the field of sexual violence prevention
4. Successful collaborative relationships with community partners
Thank you to our funders
The important work of Sexual Abuse Prevention Network is made possible by core funding from:
- Wellington City Council
- Wellington Community Trust
- Lotteries Grants Board
And project funding from:
- Todd Foundation
- Ministry of Justice
- Mana Community Grants Foundation
- Hutt Mana Charitable Trust
- The Trusts Community Foundation
- Porirua City Council
- Infinity Foundation Ltd
- Bill Brown Charitable Trust
- Ministry of Justice